António Neto da Silva
- Degree in Economics from the
Economics Faculty - Oporto University, graduating with
the highest classification in his course.
(Distinction) in Contemporary European Studies (Economics)
from Reading University, UK. (Studies furthered through
British Council Scholarship).
|Business & Academic
- Founding shareholder and CEO of FINANCETAR,
Sociedade de Serviços Financeiros, Empresariais e
Imobiliários, S.A (Financial, Business and Real
- Founder and CEO of portugaloffer.com,
an Internet portal for Portugal’s leading business
groups, which is the best known Portuguese Website worldwide.
- A major shareholder and Chairman of the Board of Deimos
Engenharia, S.A., an engineering company operating
in the space industry, whose main customer is the European
Space Agency (ESA).
- Partner, Group AMAL, International
- Chairman of PROESPAÇO, the
Portuguese Association of Space Industries.
- Chairman of the AAPEUA, the Portugal-US
- Chairman of the AAPT, the Portugal-Tunisia
- Full member of the BANIF-Banco Internacional
do Funchal, SA Audit Board
- Professor at Portuguese Catholic University
(Lisbon) lecturing on “Sustainable
Development”, as part of the Master's and Ph.D
courses in European Studies
- Deputy Chairman of BUSINESS ANGELS CLUB – an
association of investors in start-ups.
- Deputy Chairman of CIP - Confederation
of Portuguese Enterprises GM.
|Political & Other
of State for Foreign Trade from April 24, 1990 to
October 31, 1991. As holder of this office, was:
negotiator for the FORD-VOLKSWAGEN project, a
$3-billion investment project, the negotiations on
which were successfully completed on 07.06.91
for Portugal’s textile sector at the European
Community’s Council of Ministers during the
of the campaign to promote Portugal’s image
of negotiations for all foreign investment projects
in Portugal, which totaled more than €50 million.
of the Committee for External Relations, Trade Policy
and Cooperation of the Economic and Social Committee
of the EEC and EURATOM (1988-1990)
- Member of the Consultative Board of BANIF - Banco
Internacional do Funchal, S.A. (1992-2003)
- Full member of the BANIF-SGPS, SA Audit
- Member of the Presidents’ Board of the CIP -
Confederation of the Portuguese Enterprises.
of the General Board of COTEC.
- Executive Director of the postgraduate course in
European Economics at the Portuguese Catholic University – Oporto
- covering Trade Policy and External Relations and
European Community Financial Instruments.
- Visiting Professor
at Portugal’s Higher Institute of Financial and
Business Studies (IESF), giving seminars on courses
for Young Entrepreneurs of Special Potential, as well
as the Advanced Management Course on the topic, “Management
in the 21st Century”.
of the Consultative Board of Portugal’s Higher
Institute of Financial and Business Studies (IESF).
of Clube Via Norte.
- Columnist for Diário Económico,
Portugal’s leading financial newspaper.
of the European Community’s Economic
and Social Committee and to the European Atomic Energy
- Lecturer at the Economics Faculty – Oporto
University, on Project Planning and Evaluation and
as Chair for Economic Integration and International
- Professor at the Portuguese Catholic University -
Lisbon - as Chair for European Regional Development
Problems and Policies, as well as the postgraduate
course in European Studies (economics option) and European
Economics (law option) (1980 to 1989).
- CIP representative on the Consultative Committee
for European Integration, until May 1983.
- Vice-Chairman of ICEP – Portugal’s Institute
of Foreign Trade from May 1983 to 1984.
- Manager of TRADINGPOR - Empresa de Comércio
Externo de Portugal (Foreign Trading), SARL (1984 and
- Economic Consultant to IPE - Investimentos e Participações
do Estado (state holding company), S.A.
- Manager of SML – Vestuário (clothing
- Founding shareholder and Chairman of the Board of
SOCIFA, SA. (1988 – 1990)
- Organizer of the Syndicate of Investors, Shareholder,
and Chairman of CLÍNICA PARTICULAR DO PORTO
(a private clinic in Oporto), now owned by the Mundial-Confiança
insurance company (1992 to May 1995).
for Semanário Económico
- Member of the National Council of the Social Democrat
Party (PSD) from 1998 to 2002.
Has published numerous books
and studies on economics, European integration and regional
development, including the following:
As a speaker, has participated
and continues to participate in numerous economic conferences
and seminars in Portugal and abroad.
- Antonio Neto da Silva, O Triplo Conflito
Fundamentalismo Islâmico e Desenvolvimento Sustentavel,
Booknomics, Lisbon 2007
- Antonio Neto da Siva and Luís
Rego - Teoria e Pratica da Integração
Porto Editora, Oporto 1984
| Home | Back
to Financetar, SA | About